Monika Owczarzak is a Partner at aktiva GmbH.
Even as a student, Monika Owczarzak gained extensive experience in the field of local outpatient care and in health management at various companies.
Monika Owczarzak studied health economics (B.Sc. and M.Sc.) at the University of Cologne, with a concentration in management in health care.
Her bachelor’s thesis examined the potential of integrated care models in Germany. Her master’s thesis was devoted to performance and capacity forecasting in state hospital plans, for which she performed a deviation analysis.
Monika Owczarzak has been a member of the aktiva team since 2014. She is the contact and expert in the field of revenue optimisation for the field of elective accommodations. In addition to her consulting activities, she also works as a lecturer at the Catholic University of Applied Sciences of North Rhine-Westphalia, Aachen Campus.
In her free time, she finds inspiration through travel and the cuisine of other countries.
The redesign of elective accommodations offers tangible added value for all stakeholders involved – the cost units, the service providers and the patients themselves.
The following selection of references is indicative of her fields of expertise:
- Revenue optimisation for room surcharges for single- and double-occupancy rooms in the ‘elective accommodations’ field
- Extensive analyses of markets and the competition, particularly in the hospital and rehabilitation sector
- Expert assessment of the profitability and sustainability of acute-care clinics and rehabilitation facilities for supervisory bodies and banks
- Organisational and profitability analyses of facilities of all sizes
- Various projects within the scope of due-diligence processes (commercial)