Agnes Zimolong is Managing Partner at aktiva GmbH.
A nurse by training, Agnes Zimolong went on to study health economics with a concentration in hospital management.
Through her work in the hospital, her many years of consulting as a manager at Deloitte/GEBERA Gesellschaft für betriebswirtschaftliche Beratung mbH, and as consultant of long standing with aktiva, Ms Zimolong has extensive experience in her field. She has been Managing Partner of aktiva since 2015.
Her areas of concentration include hospital planning, strategy and restructuring consulting for hospitals and rehabilitation clinics, organisational development and process optimisation, not to mention the preparation of expert opinions and corporate valuations.
A passionate runner, in her leisure time she enjoys nature in the forest and delicious Belgian cuisine.
An institution’s own medical strategy and organisation should constantly be put to the test. Dynamic market conditions call strategic adjustments on a regular basis. Success also means learning from one’s mistakes.
The following selection of references is indicative of her fields of expertise:
Strategy and concepts:
- Medical portfolio planning
- Extensive expert reports for hospital sponsor organisations
- Master planning for hospitals including conceptual design of the medical portfolio, operations and organisational planning, spatial and functional planning as well as business planning against the backdrop of merger processes and locational concentrations
- Development and implementation of strategic fields of action on the basis of comprehensive SWOT analyses and their incorporation into business planning including implementation support
- Development of concepts for rehabilitation clinics including action planning
Profitability and organisation:
- Expert assessment of the profitability and sustainability of acute-care clinics and rehabilitation facilities for supervisory bodies and banks
- Organisational and profitability analyses of facilities of all sizes
- Process reorganisation in medical and administrative fields, implementation support included
- Restructuring consulting for hospitals and rehabilitation clinics
- Preparation of restructuring reports for investors
- Usage concepts and re-use concepts in the event of site closures
Projects within the scope of due-diligence processes:
- Sale and purchase
- Expert opinion on service-guarantee incentives for hospitals
- Annual expert report on the current state of and outlook for medical rehabilitation in Germany (since 2006)
- Different expert reports on performance-based compensation in rehabilitation
- Preparatory expert report on hospital planning for ministries in the German states of Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland (2009, 2010, 2015, 2016, 2020)
- Preparatory expert report on geriatric planning in the German state of Saarland (2014)
- Expert report to identify the share of variable costs in the event of a change in benefits under Section 10 (3) No 4 of the German Hospital Remuneration Act (KHEntgG) for Krankenhausgesellschaft Rheinland-Pfalz (2010)
- Co-author: White Paper on Geriatrics (Weißbuch Geriatrie) (2010, 2016)
- Co-author: Successful Rehabilitation Management (Erfolgreiches Rehabilitationsmanagement) (2019)
Articles published regularly in trade journals