Jan-P. Werner is a Partner at aktiva GmbH.
Jan-P. Werner holds a master's degree in health economics from the University of Cologne, Germany.
He completed his thesis on the topic of "Goal congruence in interprofessional work teams - an empirical analysis of dyadic relationships between physicians and nursing staff". Since 2009, he has remained steadily committed to healthcare and has gained valuable experience in various fields.
Since 2017, Jan-P. Werner joined aktiva's team of consultants. In terms of content, he focuses in particular on medical strategy mandates and data-driven analyses. In addition, he focuses on the analysis of ambulatory business models. In 2020, he completed the certificate course "MVZ Managing Director" (IHK certificate).
As a former high-level athlete, he is still very active in sports today - he is particularly passionate about running and cycling.
Sector boundaries will increasingly break down in the coming years, and a "new middle segment" will emerge between outpatient and inpatient care. If you want to play to this "new middle segment", you should come up with a consistent strategy as soon as possible.
The following selection of references is indicative of his fields of expertise:
- Extensive analyses of markets and the competition, particularly in the hospital and rehabilitation sector
- Expert assessment of the profitability and sustainability of acute-care clinics, rehabilitation facilities and medical centres for supervisory bodies and banks and in due diligence reviews (commercial)
- Medical portfolio planning and extensive expert reports for hospital sponsor organisations
- Master planning for hospitals including conceptual design of the medical portfolio, operations and organisational planning, spatial and functional planning as well as business planning against the backdrop of merger processes and locational concentrations
- Assesment in realisation of digitalization projects (i.a. in context of KHZG)