David Böhnke is a Partner at aktiva GmbH.
David Böhnke studied health economics (bachelor’s degree) at the University of Cologne, with a concentration in management in health care and the application of clinical studies.
He wrote his thesis on the topic of ‘Transparency criteria in outpatient and inpatient nursing care’. Since 2008, he has worked in the management of a variety of institutions in healthcare.
David Böhnke has been a member of the consulting team at aktiva since March 2013. Here, he is the contact and specialist in the selected niches of diagnostics (laboratory, pathology) and securing of revenue (private liquidation). In addition to his consulting activities, David Böhnke also works as a lecturer at the Catholic University of Applied Sciences of North Rhine-Westphalia, Aachen Campus.
He is athletically very active in his free time – particularly in football, mountain biking and kite surfing.
The niches of laboratories and private liquidation often harbour hidden potentials that can run into the millions.
The following selection of references is indicative of his fields of expertise:
- Extensive analyses of markets and the competition, particularly in the hospital and rehabilitation sector
- Expert assessment of the profitability and sustainability of acute-care clinics and rehabilitation facilities for supervisory bodies and banks and in due-diligence processes (commercial)
- Conceptual design and management of sales for Germany’s largest settlement service provider for private liquidations
- Project focus in the field of elective treatment by the chief physician (transparency analyses, process optimisation, public tendering procedures)
- Project focus in the field of laboratories (re-insourcing, market surveys/public tendering procedures in diagnostics, complete outsourcing)
- Project focus in the field of pathology (transparency analyses, feasibility studies, market surveys, outsourcing)